Every registered corporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission in Nigeria is required to be registered for tax purpose with the Federal Inland Revenue Service.
The corporations include – Limited Liability Companies, Companies Limited by Guaranty, Not-for-Profit Organizations, Registered Trustees, Business Names or Enterprises, etc.
Registration with the FIRS does not mean that the corporation or entity is liable to pay, but for the purpose of obtaining Tax Identification Number (TIN).
The following documents and information are required for the purpose of registering for tax with FIRS:
• The Certificate of Incorporation of the Entity.
• The Memorandum and Articles of Association or the Constitution of the Entity.
• The Full Name of the Entity.
• The Location Address of the Entity.
• The Object Clause or Nature of Business.
• The Name(s) and Address(es) of the Director(s) or Trustees of the Entity.
• The Details of Shareholdings of the Directors.
• The Name and Address of the Banks to be operated by the Entity.
This message was sponsored by Midaspage & Company